This is our bubbly toast to the festive and formal side of Thanksgiving! Doesn’t the celebratory spirit in the air make it fun to dress up for a holiday soirée? Whether it’s a glammed-up Friendsgiving or a traditional family dinner on your calendar, wearing the appropriate attire is key to having fun, focusing on the good company around you, and not worrying that you’re under-dressed.
Following our recent “casual edit” (see Part 1 on the blog), we’ve outlined four essentials for a formal Thanksgiving dinner, each based on an inspo Pinterest look, that highlight the most luxurious textures and elegant lines of the season. We’re focusing on three styles each of (1) statement coats, (2) flirty florals, (3) rich velvets, and (4) edgy leathers, which blend seamlessly with each other, and/or pieces already in your closet, for a refined yet effortless look.
Formal Thanksgiving Dinner
1. Faux Fur Coat from Topshop
2. Oversized Cocoon Coat (red) by Neon Rose from Asos
3. Bell-Sleeve Peacoat w/ Removable Faux Fur Collar (navy) from Banana Republic
1. Jacket w/ Belt (dark green floral) from H&M
2. Rose One-Shoulder Dress (black motif) by ML Monique Lhuillier from Anthropologie
1. Velvet Tux Blazer (black) from Topshop
2. Inamae Brocade Bootie (merlot) by Nina from Belk
3. Velvet Dreams Pullover (golden rod) from Free People
1. Leather Wrap Jacket (honey) by Just Female from Anthropologie
2. Faux Leather Pleated Skirt (burgundy) from Brooks Brothers
3. Faux Leather Leggings (navy) by Spanx from Anthropologie
Need a little help perfecting your formal Thanksgiving look? Let us know! We would love to help you perfect your look! Send us a message today with any questions or to schedule an appointment with one of our stylist.