We’re in an Oprah state of mind over here at Effortless Style, guys. The holiday spirit has got us, like “you get a Christmas gift, and you get a Christmas gift…EVERYBODY GETS A CHRISTMAS GIFT!” Between family members, friends, hostesses, coworkers, and children’s teachers, we’re only slightly exaggerating. But we love every minute of it!
It has been so fun getting to know you, our followers and clients, in 2017, and we wanted to give you a little slice of us in return, so that you get to see the personal flair of each of our wonderful team members. We’ve each created lists of “our favorite things”–things that are on our wish lists, family and friends’ wish lists, and that we pull over and over for clients as go-to essentials. With varying price points, we’ve really tried to cover it all.
Just think of us as your holiday elves, here to deliver some magic by making your shopping a cinch! And don’t miss our SPLURGE GIFT LIST at the bottom of the page…
The Effortless Style Holiday Gift List
1. Tay Suede Booties by Dolce Vita–I love a good neutral bootie! This Dolce Vita is a current fave. I’ve picked it up recently for a couple of clients and ended up getting one for myself last week. The neutral color is so versatile and makes this bootie the perfect go-to.
2. Leather Tote by Marc Jacobs–A good leather tote is a must in my book! I use mine as my everyday handbag, but I also use it for work, as it holds my laptop and planner. Occasionally it also serves as my diaper/mom bag! I love the saddle color and the size of this Marc Jacobs one.
3. Stacked Shape Drop Earrings by Urban Outfitters–For everyday wear, I’m a simple earring kind of gal. I love this square drop. It’s simple but a little more interesting than a basic stud or hoop.
4. Faux Fur Mule Slides by Urban Outfitters–There’s nothing I love more than coming home at the end of the day and getting into my comfy clothes. I’m not a sock wearing girl (unless absolutely necessary), so warm slippers of some kind are a must for me in the fall and winter months. I am loving the look of these faux fur slides in both the neutral color and the grey.
5. Look at Me Now Seamless Leggings by Spanx–If you haven’t tried Spanx leggings, you must! They are seriously so dreamy. A legging that doesn’t show any extra underneath but that still holds you in and is comfortable….that’s this legging. I love the camo one that’s new this fall. It’s such a fun print that’s still neutral and works with a lot of different outfit scenarios.
6. Faux Fur-Trimmed Bomber Jacket by French Connection–Bomber jackets are big right now, and while they aren’t necessarily everyone’s style, I think everyone can wear them if they are willing to give them a try. I love this olive green one from French Connection. The faux fur trim gives it a little extra interest that most bombers don’t have, and that olive green color goes with so much.
1. CozyChic Lounge Pullover by Barefoot Dreams–Two years ago my husband gave me the long Barefoot Dreams cardigan. I put it on almost every morning this time of year like a robe. It’s amazing, and my kids love to give me morning snuggles in my “cloud.” Enter the pullover version – AMEN! For cozying up with a glass of wine and movie by the fireplace, or heading to that PTO meeting in the rain when you don’t want to leave your house but need to look put together…it’s the perfect solution!
2. Laveau Lace-Trimmed Tunic by Eri + Ali–One word: stunning. The delicate lace detailing on this tunic makes it really special, and no one will ever know it’s a pullover!
3. The Simple Leather Crossbody Bag by Madewell–Living in Nashville, you have the opportunity to hit a lot of concerts and music festivals. A girl needs a crossbody bag! The perfect size to hold your essentials and look stylish. Love it!
1. Silk Jersey Scoop Neck Tunic by Eileen Fisher–It’s the perfect layering piece…or wear by itself in warmer weather!
2. Ultra Skinny – Dalton Jean by Hoxton–The dark, high-rise skinny. I think every woman should be
wearing a high rise jean. It provides the most smoothing base layer under tops and sweaters.
3. Stretch Weekday Warrior Dress Pants by Bonobos–I like to introduce my men clients to the Bonobos Weekday Warrior pant. These pants make it easy for the client to pick out his weekly wardrobe because each color has a day of the week written in the inside band! They also come in four different fits–slim, tailored, athletic, and
straight. So, depending on the man’s build, he will be able to find the fit that works with his body type.
4. Leaf Stone High Heel Pump by Jessica Simpson–A play on the nude pump, this shoe goes with everything! You can dress them up or dress them down…wear them with jeans and a chunky sweater or a LBD.
1. Sk8-Hi Reissue’ Sneaker by Vans–I am a sneaker girl by heart, and when I’m not wearing heels I will most likely be wearing sneakers! These sneakers are super cute and go with so much. They are so cute and can be worn with skinny jeans, leggings, or yoga pants.
2. Sheila Legging by Alo–These leggings are a must for either the athleisure look or if you take yoga or pilates. They are super cute, figure flattering, and comfortable.
3. High Waist Faux Leather Leggings by Lysse–All I can say is these faux leather leggings are everything! Every woman should have faux leggings in her closet. The fact that they are high-waisted says it all, because they are figure flattering in all the right places.
4. Military Style Blazer by Missguided–A classic tailored blazer is a a woman’s friend. I absolutely love this one because it has gold hardware and is tapered in the back. It’s perfect for work or for going out with the girls.
1. Savilla Leopard Pumps by Vince Camuto–Every woman should have a cute pair of leopard pumps. I love these because they will go great with a business suit, leggings, or jeans. (Heather P)
2. Skorpios Leather Market Bag by Michael Kors— If one is going to splurge, a great leather handbag is something I’d definitely recommend giving some thought to. This gorgeous bag is currently on my Christmas list! I love the color because it goes with everything, but I also love the shape and the simple details like the braided handle. Please Santa! (Katie R)
3. Collection Double-breasted Velvet Blazer by J. Crew–I’m a jacket kind of girl, and this one says holiday party, winter dinner date, cocktail party, and girls night with jeans all wrapped up in one! (Katey P)
4. Origami-Sleeve Straight-Neck Crepe Cocktail Dress by Badgley Mischka–The Little black dress…every woman needs a little black dress in her closet! I love a LBD with an edge, like this Badgley Mischka cocktail dress with a dramatic sleeve. It’s perfect for an office party with pearls OR a New Year’s Eve bash with diamond earrings or a sparkly statement necklace. (Emily G)