May and June are the months for graduation…. And what to wear for graduation is always an important decision. Whether you have a graduate of your own, are attending a close family friend’s ceremony, or are a graduate yourself… We have put together some fun style inspiration for this busy graduation season!
What To Wear For Graduation: Important Considerations
The thing about May and June is that you just don’t know what the weather will bring. One day, it is 85 degrees and sunny. The next, it is overcast and 60 degrees. But regardless, it is still late spring and early summer, and we need to dress like it. Let’s go over a few important things to think about when you are planning out the outfits you are wearing for graduation.
When thinking about graduation festivities, there are a few key things to consider.
- First… Make sure you check with your host on the level of dressiness of that particular graduation. Some schools keep it very casual, while others are more dressy.
- Second… The weather. Be sure to bring along a wrap or lightweight layering sweater if the weather calls for it.
- Third… Be cognizant of your shoes, and most especially if you don’t love wearing high heels as it is. Because you are inevitably going to be doing a lot of walking and standing, and not to mention climbing bleachers to your seat… You will want to get you some comfortable but nice looking shoes. Remember, shoes CAN be cute and comfortable! We made sure that each of our looks below feature shoes that fit this bill.
- And… Consider your bag. Don’t carry a super heavy shoulder bag that will leave you exhausted and with an aching back at the end of all of the festivities.
- Last but not least… DON’T FORGET YOUR SUNGLASSES!
Fun Looks For Your Graduation Festivities
We put together five different looks to give you some style inspiration for your upcoming graduation festivities. These looks range from the casual end of the spectrum to the dressy. Notice how important the accessories are to these looks! Remember… Shoes. Bag. Sunglasses. Basically, if you are looking for a valid excuse to buy some new accessories, this is your moment HAH!
We hope these looks gave you some good ideas… You can also check out many more of our favorite spring and summer dresses here.