It is hard to believe that Fall Break is upon us! Goodness, when did October sneak up on us like this?! Anyway, Fall Break in these parts often times means one last trip to the beach for the year. Packing for Fall Break at the beach in the middle of cooler months can sometimes feel a bit tricky…. Don’t worry, we are here to help you out! Katie Rushton and Jenny Grubb both recently packed for a fall trip to the beach and they are sharing their top must-haves with us!
Packing for Fall Break at the Beach – Katie’s Must Haves
1) Kimono – I love to take at least one kimono on every beach trip I go on, no matter the time of year. It’s the perfect piece to use as a coverup, but it also works as a great layering piece over a basic tank and denim shorts look when out and about with the family sightseeing or grabbing a bite to eat.
2) Lightweight Sweater/Sweatshirt – For my fall beach trips, I always pack 1-2 lightweight sweaters and/or sweatshirts. They are easy to throw on with denim shorts for cooler nights, but I also love throwing them over my maxi dresses and jumpsuits (style tip: if they are long enough, I will tie a fun knot in the front for a more fitted look). Free People is an absolute go-to for me when it comes to comfy knit sweaters and pullovers!
3) Denim Shorts – Denim shorts are my go-to shorts for the spring and summer months, but I also always carry at least one pair with me when I go to the beach in the fall, as it’s usually still warm enough to wear them with lightweight layers. And I also sometimes just love throwing them on over my bathing suit for a walk down the beach to my favorite lunch spot!
4) Maxi Dress Or Jumpsuit – A maxi dress or casual jumpsuit is the perfect “throw on and go” piece, and I always pack at least one or the other – if not both – for my fall beach trips. I just got back from a trip to the beach, and for this trip, I took my favorite black maxi dress with me as well as both of these fun casual jumpsuits that I got from Amazon recently.
5) Denim Jacket – A must for a fall beach trip! For cooler nights on the beach or patio dinners, a lightweight layer is almost always needed, so I make sure to take a denim jacket with me. It’s the perfect piece to throw on over my maxi dress or jumpsuit!
Jenny’s Top Five Must Haves
1) Basic Tee – Nation LTD is a new brand for me and is now easily at the top of my favorites list. This elevated basic can be mixed and matched all week long with your denim shorts or skorts!
2) Denim Shorts – A tried and true, my Agoldes never miss a vacation! My lighter wash, high rise denim shorts are the first thing I pack every time I go somewhere! And I love my black wash for fall as well.
3) Skorts – These skorts ended up being my favorite purchases this summer…. They are worth every penny. They go with everything, are so comfy, and can be machine washed! I even wear them with my one piece bathing suits as a coverup! Note: They run true to size, but I do size up for length reasons!
4) Tunic Dress – A tunic dress is a must for Fall Break. I love the brown color way of the first dress for fall. At the beach, pair it with some turquoise statement earrings and layer with a jean jacket for a cool night. And the black and white tunic dress is so fabulous! Wear it at the beach in the Fall with strappy sandals, or later on in the fall and early winter with an over the knee boot!
5) Denim Jacket – A denim jacket is of course an absolute must for a fall trip to the beach – it is perfect for layering and goes with everything! I fell in love with Levi’s new take on their classic trucker jacket – those balloon sleeves are absolutely amazing. And of course, ABLE is always a go-to for me for denim jackets. I love a good cropped denim jacket with dresses and high rise denim, and ABLE’s Naibi jacket fits the bill to instantly add a waist line to anything!
6) Sneakers – You can’t leave a sneaker out when packing for a fall trip to the beach. Madewell has some perfect sneaker options right now – they are as comfy as they are cute! I am obsessed with both of these pairs at the moment. I love the taupe and camel color way of the first pair – and that pop of citron is perfection. And the second pair – swoon! The mix of spot animal print patterns is so fun and fabulous!